Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to use your Flash Drive as RAM in XP

2 posters

:: Chat :: Chat

Go down

How to use your Flash Drive as RAM in XP Empty How to use your Flash Drive as RAM in XP

Post by VirMunio Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:01 pm

just so you know i am 99% sure ram is Rapid Access Memory as apposed to Random. there is not anything random about ram -_- i think that is one of the largest mistakes on the internet. sorry that was just bugging the shit out of me.

ok now for how to do it.
using flash memory as ram is NOT a good idea unless your using a DESKTOP due to the fact if it gets messed with or pulled out it is probably GOING to screw you over. in something called a memory dump.(a blue screen saying your system crashed and u have to reboot) but this can also cause the lost of data and might even FRY your motherboard and the stuff attached to it!!!
so when you use flash memory as ram it is slower then ram by a lot so your computer will use it after ALL the fast ram is in use. what comes after the fast ram is called "Virtual Memory" and here is how you set it up.

Control Panel > System > Advanced > Click "Performance". On the Advanced page of the result, the current total physical size of all page files that may be in existence is shown. Click Change to make settings for the Virtual memory operation. Here you can select any drive partition and set either ‘Custom’; ‘System Managed’ or ‘No page file’; then always click Set before going on to the next partition.

http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php
VirMunio
VirMunio
Admin
Admin

Popularity : -2

http://VirMunio.tk

Back to top Go down

How to use your Flash Drive as RAM in XP Empty Re: How to use your Flash Drive as RAM in XP

Post by Johnny Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:21 am

woa, would of never thought of this. lol. gg
Johnny
Johnny

Popularity : 3

Back to top Go down