Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Host on StarCraft

Go down

How to Host on StarCraft Empty How to Host on StarCraft

Post by Ryan Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:27 pm

Recently People have been asking me how to host on starcraft if you have issues with latency. First of all starcraft requires that the port 6112 be forworded. So that is what this tutorial will explain. I have linksys so I will try to make it as universal as best I can.

Although each router is different they use the same tecniques (Port Forwording)
1. Go to run and put in the text "cmd" and click ok.
2. Once Command Prompt opens type "ipconfig" then click enter
3. You should see your Default Gateway. Mine is 192.168.1.1 because i have linksys
4. Copy and paste ur Default Gatway into ur browser and this varies for each router so try the following
Username: Admin Password: Admin
Username: Admin Password: (nothing)
Username: (nothing) Pasword: Admin
Username: (nothing) Password: (nothing)
If none of those work google ur router for example Linksys for ur default username and password. Or if you cant remember it and its no longer on default go to ur router and reset it.
5a. Assuming your using linksys click on applications and Gaming > and then add the port 6112 to 6112 > (both protocols) > IP: 101 > check enable
5b. If your using a different router you can probably locate the port forwarding area easily. Just follow 5a in ur own router.
6. Click Save

Okay to make sure that ur port 6112 is forworded I have added this easy user friendly program that u simply put in the port 6112 and click check. And it will give u a 100% reading
Ryan
Ryan
Admin
Admin

Popularity : 12

http://bnetbots.com

Back to top Go down